Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Cookies



I thought it would be fun for Henry to help me make Christmas sugar cookies.  So I got everything out but before I could start Henry got a hold of the sprinkles.  I decided I better clean that up before we started or I would be annoyed the whole time stepping on them. 



Grandma came over to watch because she knows I hate messes and thought it would be entertaining.  Which it was!  Henry had a blast, adding and adding and adding flour to his dough!




I made some too so that we would have some soft ones.  I actually threw away most of his dough when we finally finished.




After doing all that rolling and adding he decided to put the dough on the spoon and flick it across the kitchen.  That didn't last long.  Time to frost!!Sorry about this picture it wouldn't let me rotate it correctly but here he is helping me decorate the cookies or eating the icing before it gets to the cookies.  For those of you who were at the party don't worry the cookies that went where the ones I decorated or he did before the tasting of the frosting tube!  I don't know if any of you noticed but yes he does have a different outfit on to decorate.  I knew he would get messy again but I didn't want flour all over.  We did have fun and I am glad I let him help even though it was a mess. 

2 comments:

  1. It was fun. I had a good time. How did you fare today with the Bingham's over? I just prepared Fajitas with the most interesting things going on around me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Henry had fun making cookies and he will remember how much fun it was not the mess. At least you didn't end up with red frosting on your carpet. We did not sure which child did it but oh well it was fun.

    ReplyDelete